ICI Global Trading and Market Structure Conference
The 2012 ICI Global Trading and Market Structure Conference was held December 4, 2012, in London, England. This premier conference examined the impact of trading and market structure issues on institutional investors.
Attendees received up-to-the-minute information on the latest developments in the financial markets from senior representatives of regulators and policymakers, securities exchanges, broker-dealers, institutional investors, and other market participants.
All sessions are available for viewing in video format.
PROGRAM TOPICS AND HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDED:
- Keynote address by Verena Ross, Executive Director, European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA)
- Luncheon address by Kay Swinburne, Member, European Parliament
- Examination of the current exchange model and the impact on investors with representatives of the global exchanges
- Discussion of automated trading and high-frequency trading with a panel of experts from the regulators, buyside, and sellside
- Examination of order routing and execution issues and challenges for investors in the current market environment
- What the buyside should know about derivatives regulatory reform
- Current global securities markets developments including market structure reform in the United States, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East