ICI Global Trading and Market Structure Conference
The ICI Global Trading and Market Structure Conference on 9 December 2013 in London focused on regulatory developments, compliance issues, and market structure changes impacting funds and the markets in general.
Attendees received up-to-the-minute information on the latest developments in the financial markets from senior representatives of regulators and policymakers, securities exchanges, broker-dealers, institutional investors, and other market participants.
PROGRAM TOPICS AND HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDED:
- Luncheon address by Michael Piwowar, Commissioner, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Keynote addresses by Martin Wheatley, Chief Executive, Financial Conduct Authority and David Wright, Secretary General, IOSCO
- Discussion of cross-border implications of trading and market structure reform and the impact on the buyside
- Examination of issues surrounding liquidity, buyside trading, and the “lit market vs. dark market” debate
- Discussion of automated trading and operational risks in the markets and whether concerns remain for the buyside
- Examination of the costs and accessibility of market data and questions regarding establishing a European consolidated tape
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS