|INSIGHTS FROM THE CONFERENCE PROGRAMME|
2013 Global Retirement Savings Conference
The Role of Investment Funds
The 2013 Global Retirement Savings Conference was held 26–27 June 2013 in Hong Kong. Featuring speakers from around the world, this event focused on the challenges facing individuals, governments, and companies in making adequate arrangements for people in retirement, and the role that investment funds and fund managers can play in meeting those challenges.
PROGRAM TOPICS AND HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDED:
- Keynote address by Olivia S. Mitchell, International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans Professor and Director of the Pension Research Council at The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Luncheon remarks by the Honourable Anna Wu Hung-yuk, Chairman of the Hong Kong Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Authority
- Speech by Paul Schott Stevens, CEO and president of ICI, about the evolution of retirement and the common themes emerging as different countries implement defined contribution systems
- Discussion about the state of retirement systems around the globe, changes and reforms to pension systems, and the growth of defined contribution systems
- Examination of the key features of defined contribution systems around the world and the opportunities and challenges faced in implementing such systems
- Discourse about how investment funds are uniquely positioned to serve investors in defined contribution systems
- Presentation about the regulatory environment, oversight issues, and potential roadblocks relating to the use of investment funds in retirement systems in selected countries
- Executive Summary: Insights from the 2013 Global Retirement Savings Conference (pdf)
- Insights from the 2013 Global Retirement Savings Conference (pdf)
To learn about other pension events, please visit our Global Retirement Savings Conferences page.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS