Understanding the New Indian Regulations for Foreign Portfolio Investors
After much deliberation and industry advocacy, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) recently adopted new regulations and operating guidelines for foreign portfolio investors (FPIs), which are intended to streamline and simplify the process for investing in India. On this webinar, Samir Dhamankar, director of securities services India for Deutsche Bank AG—and a member of the HR Khan Committee tasked with providing reform recommendations to SEBI—will provide an overview of the new regulations and operating guidelines and respond to member questions.
The webinar will cover:
- The new FPI categories and recategorization of existing FPIs
- FPI registration and documentation requirements
- Investment conditions and restrictions for FPIs
- Whether the new regulations effectively address challenges of investing in India
- Eva Mykolenko (Moderator)
Associate Chief Counsel, Securities Regulation
- Samir Dhamankar
Director, Securities Services India
Global Transaction Banking
Deutsche Bank AG
If you have any questions, please contact the ICI Conference Division at 202-326-5968 or email@example.com.